Earthquake at Padang, Indonesia

Yesterday as I was moderating my exam paper, I felt like I was swaying. At first, I thought I was dizzy or sumthin when I heard the announcement requesting all the staffs to evacuate the building.When I reached downstairs, I realised the building was swaying because of the earthquake in Indonesia. We knew this by the news article printed by En. Rahim. The earthquake was at 6.3 richter scale. We have to wait at the lobby (stayed there for the aircond) until about 1.30 pm. Some of the staffs who bored of waiting went to have lunch or went to another building. I who was fasting have to wait as I didn't know no where to go. No mood for window shopping. After the technician has checked for any cracks and found none, we were released to go back to our rooms.Then, at 1.50 a.m., the building swayed again. We have to go downstairs again and only allowed back to our rooms by 2.30 pm.Some of the staffs said that the previous earthquake in Indonesia (last year I think) was worse than this one. They have to fully evacuate the building and have to gather at the parking lot.Then, we got this email from Alan regarding this incident at TNB HQ, which also felt the earthquake. The funny thing (for me) was the Meteorology Department advised that until something fell to the floor, then only you may leave your room. I thought by that time, we no longer have time to evacuate the building. Maybe, we''ll be in the debris of the fallen building by then.Lastly, I extend my condolences to all the families and friends who was killed in the earthquake.p/s: Pic courtesy: http://www.utusan.com.my

0 comments:

Who is Arale?

Arale wish to live in Kampung Penguin with all her friends, but now she lives with her Mr R and lil angel.

Everything that Arale write in here is for her own eye's only and anybody who is interested. If you don't like what you see/watch/read here, please leave the blog as fast as you can.


Arale's Wishlist

  • Lancer Sportback or BMW 1 series
  • More vacation trips...
  • Reno works for GH
  • Trip to USS or Disneyland HK

Twitter