My First Vote...


This was the first time I helped to select my government. I registered as a voter a few months back but never expect the election day going to be held so fast.

I was registered as a voter in the Parlimentary seat of Segambut, witnessing 2 parties, BN and DAP fight for the parliament seat. Last term, the seat was held by the BN party but this year the result was a little bit different.

As I live in a Chinese majority area, most of the voter that I saw that morning was 95% Chinese. I don't know where are other Malay people. Maybe they were still asleep.

My mom cast her votes at Saluran 1, the ground floor while I at Saluran 9, the 3rd floor. My saluran was crowded and the queue was long. I had to wait for at least half an hour before I could cast my votes. I really wanted to take some pics but as they were a few police at the voting room, I wouldn't take any chances to be scolded by the police. I didn't know whether we could take pictures or not.

I went in, gave my I.C., and then got the orange paper and straight put a cross in it. I had made up my mind long before the election.

I waited for the result for the PRU12, and the result was very good. It seems I had used my votes well.

All 3 of us (mom went to Pulau Tioman that night), watched the PRU12 result on the tv but all the result were from Sabah, Sarawak and Melaka.

Nana who had a usb-modem, went to a website, we may called it M website. On the site, it display all the latest result for the hot seats. We were shocked to learn that Nurul Izzah had won the Lembah Pantai seat. Seriously, we couldn't see that coming. Shahrizat is a good politician to me and I never doubt that she would win the seat. For other seats, I prayed that all the candidates lose and it came true. And there were also some who played dirty tricks and used all the 'undi pos' to win their seats. 'Takkanlah mula2 beza 100, tiba2 kira 2-3 kali, boleh beza ribu-riban. Nampak sangat menipunya. Takkanlah orang SPR tak reti kira.'

The people has spoken. I laughed at all the gimmicks they tried to show in tv or paper. Pleaselah, suma orang bukan bodoh lagi. People are cleverer now, they don't simply take in all they hear or see from the media controlled by the government.

Good luck for the 5 new states, do your best so you can still win in the next 5 years.

To the almost 2/3 rd majority winner, learn from this election result and please hear what the people want from you.

0 comments:

Who is Arale?

Arale wish to live in Kampung Penguin with all her friends, but now she lives with her Mr R and lil angel.

Everything that Arale write in here is for her own eye's only and anybody who is interested. If you don't like what you see/watch/read here, please leave the blog as fast as you can.


Arale's Wishlist

  • Lancer Sportback or BMW 1 series
  • More vacation trips...
  • Reno works for GH
  • Trip to USS or Disneyland HK

Twitter