Shopping for kain raya

I was not a baju kurung lover. I went to a boarding school and they had prep class for us. I must wear baju kurung all the time, during school hours or during prep class. Because of this, I didnt like to wear baju kurung.

The only exception is during Hari Raya, weddings( but now sometimes I do wear long blouse with slacks as it quite hard to carry Eya wearing baju kurung) or any official events. Even at work, I try not to wear baju kurung except if I have classes or any formal events requiring me to wear it.

So, the point here is I only buy baju kurung material once a year. How many will I buy? Not many actually. My priority is for 1st Hari Raya. As usual, my family will set a theme color. Last year, it was purple and my family blamed me for it as last year a lot of family did chose purple as their color too. For this year, we decided to go with blue. BTW, we need to choose a color that hubby already have.

Yes, my dear hubby also does not like to wear baju melayu. See, a match made in heaven.He had made quite a lot of them during our wedding, about 4 colors and he only wear them during Hari raya. So, every time we decide on the colors, we have to choose a color from his baju melayu collection.

But, its okay since my family only likes a few colors. Among the colors we have chose before are

  • red
  • earth
  • blue
  • purple
  • black
We would never choose green, grey, orange, pink or brown.

As I have extra one-day holiday, I decided to buy the material. We went to Jln TAR and searched for our kain. Gulati's did not have new kain and most of what they was selling, we already had. We only bought Japanese cotton but it was pricey (but it was so pretty) and we really wanted to buy it.

We went to another store and we did all of our purchases there. I bought mom one set for her and another for me. The total of my purchase that day was so unbelievable but it was a once-a-year purchase so I think it was ok.

In total, I bought 3 sets for me, mom had 4 and adik got 3 kain. Not forgetting Eya, who also got 1 set for her. Now, I have to go and collect money to repay back the money I had used.

0 comments:

Who is Arale?

Arale wish to live in Kampung Penguin with all her friends, but now she lives with her Mr R and lil angel.

Everything that Arale write in here is for her own eye's only and anybody who is interested. If you don't like what you see/watch/read here, please leave the blog as fast as you can.


Arale's Wishlist

  • Lancer Sportback or BMW 1 series
  • More vacation trips...
  • Reno works for GH
  • Trip to USS or Disneyland HK

Twitter