Updates on Eya's health

Eya was diagnosed with viral infection that infected her tummy. After I brought Eya to Az-Zahra, as I was not that satisfied, I brought her to Dr Mary at Assunta. She also gave similar diagnosis but a lengthy one, describing why it happens, sypmtoms to look out, how to nurse her, what kind of food to give.

Eya had the diarrhoea for about 2 weeks. I did some 'googling' and Eya's condition was something normal that happened to majority of young children. Luckily, she only vomited for the first 24 hours and continued with the diarrhoea. I found some information that saying it is okay if your children vomit for th first 48 hours, and continued having diarrhoea for maximum of 2 weeks. It is the symptoms of viral infection in the stomach or in medical term, it is called gastroentitis. Only if your child have both vomiting and diarrhoea, it is something that you should be really worried.

I called Dr Mary after a week Eya had the diarrhoea. She told me it was okay and if I'm too worried, I can consider to change her formula. She suggested Mamex or Similac, which are lactose-free or soya-based. Just like what I found out from the net, she said it is okay if Eya is only having diarrhoea. She also must drink a lot of water and she even suggested that I gave Eya 100 plus. I never know that kid can drink 100 plus but I know it is something that an adult drink if they are having a fever.

As Eya diarrhoea is not that frequent and she really is drinking lots of water, we decided to just gave her the usual formula. Yesterday, she stopped having the diarrhoea and her appetite is becoming back to normal.

1 comments:

Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 2:05 PM  

glad to hear she's back to normal..

Who is Arale?

Arale wish to live in Kampung Penguin with all her friends, but now she lives with her Mr R and lil angel.

Everything that Arale write in here is for her own eye's only and anybody who is interested. If you don't like what you see/watch/read here, please leave the blog as fast as you can.


Arale's Wishlist

  • Lancer Sportback or BMW 1 series
  • More vacation trips...
  • Reno works for GH
  • Trip to USS or Disneyland HK

Twitter